Monday, March 16, 2009

Powerpoint

Powerpoints are used more and more often in classrooms since they can be used in more than one way. This application is very popular since is basic functions are quite easy to figure out. However, for those who have some extra time or knowledge with powerpoints, many more features can be used and applied in a presentation. A few weeks ago, we had to choose a subject and create a presentation. We had to integrate certain features that are not needed in basic presentations. However, since we didn’t have a lab class on powerpoints, we had to figure out how to integrate them by ourselves. I thought that I was going to have a lot of trouble since I usually don’t put many features in my presentations. However, it was easier than I had first thought since I only had to explore in the features that I did not know about and try some out. For those that I could not find, such as embedding videos, I searched on YouTube and found the information that I needed pretty quickly. Therefore, I was a bit disappointed that we did not spend a lot of time on powerpoint presentations during the lab. However I think that having to do this on my own forced me to discover new features that I would not have been aware of otherwise. Overall, powerpoint presentations are full of features that are not used very often. In my opinion, discovering these features on my own allowed me to discover other ones as well. Moreover, I will be able to use the ones that I discovered on future presentations since I learn by doing thus I will remember the features that I discovered better.

No comments:

Post a Comment